We will gladly accept non-perishable food donations at any-one of our three warehouse locations in Boise Pocatello and Lewiston. All donations are accepted Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm. When making a food donation, please ensure that the item packaging is not compromised and that the item can be used.
We are very thankful for the donations we receive and value the support from our friends in communities throughout the state.
Current year round drop sites:
Got extra produce to donate from your garden?
Are you interested in holding a food drive? Food drives are a great way to engage our community and energized in making a difference. We also encourage local businesses and corporations to host a food drive as well. A food drive can be a fun way to get your customers involved within a great community activity.
Food Donor Process
The Idaho Foodbank relies on food donations from manufacturers, wholesalers, retailers and restaurants. We collect fresh, canned, boxed and frozen foods, and grocery products. These items are distributed from our warehouses to our partner agencies throughout our 39-county service area.
The generous donations received from these sources are critical to families and individuals in Idaho who are struggling to make ends meet.
To make a food donation or to learn more about how your company can become a food partner, contact Vicki Hall at (208) 577-2700 or email@example.com.
Nine reasons your company should donate food to IFB:
1. TAX DEDUCTION: The 1976 Federal Tax Law (H.R. 10612) permits you to deduct all of the costs of producing, packaging and delivering your products — plus up to 50 percent of the difference between the cost and the fair market value.
2. COST SAVINGS: By salvaging food and other products your company eliminates dumping costs.
3. INVENTORY CONTROL: A food donation can help reduce your surplus of hard-to-move inventory and inventory that can be eaten but not sold.
4. COMMUNITY GOODWILL: Your support of IFB’s mission will earn the respect of the community.
5. PROUD STAFF: Employees feel good about their company's role in making a difference in the community.
6. SAFE FOOD HANDLING: Your food donation will be safely stored in one of our three warehouses by trained staff.
7. EFFICIENT DISTRIBUTION: Your donation will be quickly distributed to individuals in need through our partner agencies.
8. ACCURATE RECORD KEEPING: Your donation will be tracked, documented and receipted.
9. LEGAL PROTECTION: Your company is protected from liability by the Good Samaritan Act.
The Idaho Foodbank is an independent 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization
comprised of a partner network of more than 200 hunger relief agencies
throughout the state of Idaho.