Charity Navigator, the country’s largest independent evaluator of nonprofits, has notified The Idaho Foodbank that it has been awarded a fifth consecutive four-star rating.
As Charity Navigator’s President and CEO Ken Berger stated in his letter to The Idaho Foodbank President and CEO Karen Vauk, “Only 4% of the charities we rate have received at least 5 consecutive 4-star evaluations, indicating that Idaho Foodbank outperforms most other charities in America. This ‘exceptional’ designation from Charity Navigator differentiates Idaho Foodbank from its peers and demonstrates to the public it is worthy of their trust.”
Charity Navigator awarded only six four-star ratings in Idaho this year, and The Idaho Foodbank was the only nonprofit in the state to earn the highest possible rating five years in a row.
“We are honored to receive a 4-star rating for a fifth straight year,” said Karen Vauk, President and CEO of The Idaho Foodbank. “This rating should serve as a confirmation to our donors that their donations are going back to the communities which we serve.”
In 2014, 93% of all donations went directly to support the The Idaho Foodbank’s programs and services. The other 7% went to administrative costs directly related to fulfilling the Foodbank’s mission.
This accolade is important verification of the The Idaho Foodbank’s sound fiscal management and commitment to accountability and transparency while in pursuit of its vision for a hunger-free Idaho.