Write a review
- •2 large ripe mangoes
- •1 small cucumber
- •2 medium green onions
- •1 medium jalapeño pepper
- •2 medium limes
- •½ teaspoon salt
- •Pinch of cayenne pepper
- •1 medium bell pepper
- •¼ cup fresh cilantro
- 1. Rinse mangoes, cucumber, green onions, jalapeño pepper, limes, and bell pepper, if using.
- 2. Peel mangoes. Cut mango flesh from the pits.
- 3. Cut cucumber in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. If using bell pepper, cut in half lengthwise. Remove stems and seeds.
- 4. Dice mangoes, cucumber, and bell pepper, if using. Finely chop green onions.
- 5. Cut jalapeño pepper in half lengthwise. Remove stems and seeds and dice.
- 6. If using, rinse and chop cilantro.
- 7. Cut limes in half. Squeeze juice from each half into a medium bowl. Discard seeds.
- 8. Add mangoes, cucumber, green onions, jalapeño, salt, and cayenne pepper to bowl with juice. If using, add bell pepper and cilantro. Mix well.
- 9. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- For full recipe and nutritional information, visit Cooking Matters at http://cookingmatters.org/recipes/mango-salsa
The Idaho Foodbank http://idahofoodbank.org/