Thank you for your interest in coordinating a food drive! The following guidelines answer the most commonly asked questions about holding a food drive.
- Collection Barrels are available for free to anyone interested in holding a food drive. Your help in picking up the barrel from our warehouse is appreciated but if pickup is not possible, delivery of barrels can be arranged. Barrels are constructed of heavy-duty cardboard and fold flat, so they are easy to transport by car.
- The Idaho Foodbank will pick up full barrels at the end of your drive. Please give us a minimum of two days’ notice when scheduling your pickup. Pickups are scheduled Tuesday thru Friday.
- If you are able to deliver the food to any of our branch warehouses, we will help you unload and give you a total weight right away. Deliveries can be made any time Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am and 5pm.
- We are a nonprofit organization and cannot be associated with any sales or marketing efforts for another product. However, some companies or groups have used food drives as a way to encourage people to come to their businesses or gatherings. This marketing practice is within acceptable nonprofit limits and can help increase the proceeds of your drive.
- Every item helps! Don’t be afraid that your drive is “not big enough”. We value each drive and encourage you to give it a try and help make a difference in ending hunger across Idaho.
- Consider holding a Virtual Food Drive to complement your physical food drive. Virtual drives offer a convenient way to engage a broader audience and appeal to donors who prefer to make a monetary donation.
Boise: 208-577-2750; 3562 S TK Avenue
Lewiston: 208–746-2288; 3600 E Main
Pocatello: 208-233-8811; 555 S 1st Avenue