Greek Yogurt Biscuits
This is a great recipe to use our Choboni Plain Yogurt and all of the Butter in the freezer. I made these last night and they are great.
Write a review
- 3 cups Gold Medal All-Purpose Organic Flour
- 1 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3/4 cup cold plain Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 large egg, beaten, for brushing on biscuits
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cut in butter, using your fingers or a pastry cutter. Work the dough until mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, egg, and water. Add liquid ingredients to flour mixture, stirring until dough barely comes together. Dump the mixture on lightly floured counter and knead until the dough comes together. Don't overwork the dough.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a 1-inch thick circle. Cut into rounds using a biscuit cutter or cut into 2×2-inch squares. Combine dough scraps and roll out again to make remaining biscuits.
- Place biscuits on prepared baking sheets and brush with the egg wash. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Serve warm with butter, honey, or jam!
The Idaho Foodbank http://idahofoodbank.org/