The Idaho Foodbank is the warehouse that helps supply the food pantries in our local neighborhoods. There are two ways to connect with our network and get the food you need, which along with food stamps can work quite well.
- The first way is to go to our website idahofoodbank.org and click on the “Get Food” tab. You’ll see all of our partner food pantries marked in your region. Be sure and call make sure they’re open and to see what, if any, ID and other information they want. Then go get your food.
- The second way is to call 211, the toll-free Idaho CareLine. The CareLine is open 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday-Friday, and operators there can refer you to a food pantry and help with many other necessities. Be sure and tell them what you need.
- The Community Action agency for Ada County is ElAda, phone number 208-377-0700. The Community Action agency for Canyon County is WICAP, phone number 208-642-9086.
- You may also want to look at http://www.foodstamps.org/idaho-food-stamp-program. This new website offers instruction on how to best navigate the food stamp system in Idaho.
There is a lot of information here, please feel free to contact us by email or phone if you have any questions at all – we will do our best to help. Please let us know how it goes!
- Self Rescue Manual (Ada County Services)
- Idaho Careline
- SNAP information
- Community action partners
- Information for WIC