There is still a need for about 2,000 turkeys, hams and roasts in order to ensure hungry families in Idaho will have holiday meals this December.
The goal of The Idaho Foodbank’s Hope for the Holidays campaign was 15,000 holiday meats for November and December. Donors provided 7,800 for Thanksgiving and another 5,200 thus far for December. That leaves 2,000 needed by Dec. 21.
The response to the call for the final 7,200 has been very strong,
When the associates at Les Schwab Tires heard about that need, they decided to take action. The result was a CARE-A-VAN – five company trucks that rolled into the Foodbank’s Boise warehouse parking lot to deliver 146 turkeys.
Beef Counts, the Foodbank’s innovative partnership with the Idaho beef industry, provided 3,000 roasts.
That leaves about 2,000 to go.
The Hope for the Holidays campaign continues through Dec. 21. Turkeys and other meat donations can be dropped at:
• Any Les Schwab store in the Treasure Valley
• The Foodbank’s Boise warehouse, 3562 S. TK Avenue, off Federal Way near the Broadway freeway exit
• The Foodbank’s Pocatello warehouse, 555 South 1st Ave.
• The Foodbank’s Lewiston warehouse at 3600 East Main St.
• Or at any Foodbank partner food pantry, community kitchen or other feeding site. For a complete list of the Foodbank’s 200 partners, go to www.idahofoodbank.org and click the “Get Help” button.
Please help make this a memorable holiday season for families across Idaho. Thank you.