Idaho Foodbank Job Posting
Part-Time Community Liaison Serving North Central, South Central or Eastern Idaho
Who you are:
You care deeply about people experiencing hunger and hold them in the center of your work. You understand that our work in and with the community is at the heart of our mission to end hunger. You love speaking with different kinds of people and making a difference in the lives of others at the local level. You are a strong listener who loves meeting with people in the local community.
General Position Summary:
The Community Liaison works with their local community to understand how the community is impacted by hunger. This position supports equitable, culturally appropriate, and community-driven food security programs. The Community Liaison works with The Idaho Foodbank, local organizations, and the community to understand and increase access to food for communities.
Duration of the Position: Temporary, ends April 31, 2021
Job Status: Remote work, part-time
Salary: $25/hr. DOE
The Idaho Foodbank will gain a stronger connection and relationship to the community to better understand local food security challenges and opportunities in other health-related areas.
- Engages members of the community to increase support for Idaho Foodbank Hunger to Health-related programs and partnerships.
- Identifies communities that need more resources to improve food security.
- Conducts community conversations about access to food and how decisions are made about the foods people eat.
- Identifies partnership opportunities with communities to support new food and/or health initiatives.
- Helps increase local capacity to address hunger.
- Helps collect client stories from programs, agencies, and the community.
- Helps communities learn about and access community resources.
- Helps local food banks and community meal programs create welcoming environments.
- Provides recommendations for programs, initiatives, or partnerships to improve community health.
- Utilizes community engagement models and a best practices framework for engaging with the community.
- Make five new introductions between IFB and members within the community to leverage existing resources and increase capacity for sustainable programs.
- Make five site visits to community organizations in the local community to engage and introduce The Idaho Foodbank.
- Conduct three community presentations to provide education about The Idaho Foodbank and the Hunger to Health Strategy.
- Distribute Hunger to Health materials to community groups, agencies, businesses and health care providers as requested and based on discretion.
- Hold one focus group within targeted communities to learn about community needs and provide The Idaho Foodbank attendee feedback and recommendations.
- Makes recommendations for service provision, resources, and capacity building for partners, as appropriate.
- Verbal and written Spanish and English fluency.
- Knowledge of other social service programs in the community.
- Preference for candidate with current or past experience in healthcare or social work sector.
- High level of skill in public speaking, writing, and persuading, and engaging others around a shared vision.
- Experience building strong partnerships with community-based organizations preferred.
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships with people inside and outside the organization from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to use sound judgment to make decisions or solve problems.
- Ability to conduct effective meetings and to develop and give presentations.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, with frequent travel within assigned area.
THE IDAHO FOODBANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER