Job Title: Community Partner Specialist
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Department: Partnerships & Programs
Reports to: Director of Programs & Partnerships
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Responsibilities include establishing a strong Community Partner Network by supporting the growth and retention of partners, to include community organizations and schools, ensuring partner compliance with all necessary laws, policies, and guidelines regarding safe food distribution. The specialist supports the Director of Partnerships & Programs with identifying and ensuring equitable distribution of product in the region, supporting Strategic Partners, and other special projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES & KEY RESULT AREAS
1) Program & Partnerships (85%)
- Screen prospective community partners and assist with application and agreements between The Idaho Foodbank and partner.
- Develop partners, including schools, and ensure compliance including site visits and ongoing training.
- Assist in the implementation of a partner network gap analysis and capacity measurement tool for community partners, including surveys.
- Foster cooperative relationships between community partners and The Idaho Foodbank through customer service and conflict resolution.
- Represent IFB during community projects and participate in meetings and on committees as appropriate.
2) Other (10%)
- Attend internal meetings as needed.
- Taking on short term projects to aid in the distribution of food.
- Other duties as assigned
3) Hunger 2 Health (5%)
- Networking with health-centered organizations and assisting in delivering Hunger to Health Initiatives.
- Assist in the Nutrition Education delivery to partners and the community as a whole.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience and commitment to serving low income individuals and families.
- Must be strong independent worker as well as be able to work as a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Proven competencies in Microsoft Office products, including Internet, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and standard office equipment.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus.
- Have a valid Driver’s License and access to an automobile with current auto insurance.
- Must be able to pass the Manager’s Level ServSafe Certification.
- Physical job requirements include ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Frequent travel required within counties served by organization/programs
- Commit to upholding policies, principles and best practices for food safety.
- Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies and health rules, programs and procedures, to report all unsafe acts, environment or behaviors immediately and to always report safety issues, incidents or accidents immediately.
This work is performed primarily in an office environment while sitting at a computer terminal for extended periods of time. Employee will use computer and smartphones extensively. Work may involve periodic lifting and carrying of items that may weigh up to 30 pounds. May work outside normal business hours, such as evenings and weekends, and could require driving frequently due to work performed in the community. Mileage reimbursement will be provided when using a personal vehicle.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
THE IDAHO FOODBANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.