FIRST, Review the Satellite Partnership Fast Facts to gain a visual understanding of our role, and where your organization fits into this model. After, previewing the Satellite Partnership Model video, complete the self-assessment for your agency to determine if you are ready to further explore a possible partnership.
Cooking Matters Satellite Partner Fast Facts
A Satellite Partner is an agency that is collaborating with The Idaho Foodbank. The agency takes primary responsibility for implementing Share Our Strength’s Cooking Matters Program in their area.
￼￼Satellite Partner Responsibilities
- Run at least 2-4 Cooking Matters courses and/or Cooking Matters at the Store tours each year.
- Designate at least 1 staff person (volunteer staff or committed intern is acceptable) to coordinate Cooking Matters programming and serve as contact person with The Idaho Food bank Nutrition Education Specialist.
- Acquire cooking materials, equipment, and recipe ingredients necessary to run courses. Support of IFB may be possible.
- Communicate clearly with IFB before, during, and after courses are run.
- Recruit and train volunteer instructors.
- Recruit participants that are of low-income status.
IFB & Share Our Strength Support
- Provide developed curricula for participants and instructors: Cooking Matters for Kids, Teens, Adults, Families, Parents, Child Care Professionals, EXTRA – Diabetes
- Cooking Matters at the Store
- Cooking Matters Toolkits for: Chef & Kids, Exploring Foods Together, In Your Community (demos), and In Your Food Pantry.
- Training and technical assistance necessary to stat and continue the program.
- Participant surveys, waivers, & incentives for Cooking Matters courses and Cooking Matters at the Store tours.
- Annual report of Satellite program success, and other reports/data as requested.
- In some instances, depending on location and quality of potential satellite partner’s application, IFB may offer some funding for start-up costs.
Questions? Contact Us
Once you have completed all of these steps; reviewed documents and watched the video, and are interested in becoming a Satellite Partner, the next step is to fill out the Satellite Partner Application: