Job Title: Director of Community Partnerships
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Department: Community Partnerships
Reports to: President & CEO
Location: Boise, Idaho
Responsible for building and maintaining community partnerships with an emphasis on Community Health.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mobilize communities to address hunger in Idaho by providing resources and connections to strengthen individuals and families.
- Assist communities in better understanding the need for equitable services in their communities, and how programs of The Idaho Foodbank are related to solutions to hunger and health.
- Act as a community connector and recognized subject matter expert to unite community leaders and advocate for solutions to solve hunger in Idaho.
- Oversee the implementation and updating of IFB’s Hunger to Health Strategy.
- Provide education to partners and stakeholders to mobilize their support for “food first” solutions to improve community health and build resiliency.
- Coordinate with internal departments to align or develop service programs for community needs.
- Initiate, facilitate, and support community needs assessments as needed.
- Maintain comprehensive records of all contacts and activities.
- Advance framework of strategy and values for community partnerships to deliver holistic approach to alleviating hunger and improving community health (multi-faceted challenge: healthcare, homelessness, hunger.) Role includes acting as convener, collaborator, leader, etc. Represent the Foodbank on various committees related to Community Health and community assessments.
- Conduct public outreach by providing tours, making presentations and other forms of representation to members of the community within the service area on all programs and services.
- Be the voice for the IFB’s Hunger to Health Strategy.
- Maintain current knowledge of national work being done in this area and educate the IFB team to keep us current. Engage with Feeding America and other relevant national work in this area.
- Initiate, coordinate and participate in discussions to increase collaborative work with healthcare organizations regarding service for low-income clients.
- Activate combined or coordinated services, aligning internal resources with the healthcare organization’s needs.
- Work closely with Development Team to develop funding sources and acknowledgements.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all funding sources.
- Ensure all services operate at the highest possible standard of service.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- College Degree in Social Services or related field desired (Masters preferred).
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Proven competencies in Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to facilitate meetings with diverse groups.
- Experience in data collection and analysis.
- Experience in food industry helpful.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and demands.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and serving as a leader.
- Positive interaction with the public.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Able to work with diverse groups and be part of a team.
- Be flexible and adapt on short notice.
- Have a valid Driver’s License.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience.
- Have a clean and professional appearance.
This work is performed primarily in an office environment while sitting at a computer terminal for extended periods of time. May involve periodic lifting and carrying of items that may weigh up to 50 pounds. May work outside normal working hours and drive own vehicle for various projects on a daily basis.
Commit to upholding policies, principles and best practices for food safety.
Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies and health rules, programs and procedures, to report all unsafe acts, environment or behaviors immediately and to always report safety issues, incidents or accidents immediately.
- Negative Drug Screen
- Successful Background Clearance
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
THE IDAHO FOODBANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.