Job Title: Driver II (Class A CDL)
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: SW Idaho Distribution Manager
Location: Meridian, ID
Safe and efficient transportation of food, product, and supplies in all types of weather conditions including, but not limited to, fog, rain, sleet, and ice. Develop and maintain donor relationships with excellent customer service skills. Assist warehouse operations.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate ability to safely drive and operate a semi-truck/trailer.
- Safe pick-up and delivery of local and extended orders &/or donations using tractor trailer.
- Assist Warehouse Coordinator with training other IFB staff in best practice methods for vehicle and equipment safety.
- Maintain all current licenses, certificates, and medical cards in accordance with State and Federal mandated requirements.
- Secondary driver for timely execution of product pick-up and delivery from program partners and agencies.
- Complete and perform accurate follow-through on documentation for shipping, receiving, unloading, and warehousing of product.
- Perform cleaning & light maintenance on all vehicles and equipment and report problems to Warehouse Coordinator. Maintain accurate records of vehicle operations and maintenance on a daily basis.
- Prepare truck/route for next day’s business including refueling, maintenance checks, cleaning refer box, and equipment. Weekly cleaning and disinfecting of vehicles and equipment. Inside cab must be clean, free of trash, and contain all proper safety equipment and insurance paperwork.
- Work with other team members in a cooperative and supportive way. Providing assistance and fill-in coverage for other positions.
- Assist in maintaining an orderly and sanitary warehouse in accordance with AIB standards.
- Load and offload company vehicles as required. Exercise safe lifting practices.
- Maintain rapport with donors and their employees to foster continued support and a professional working relationship.
- Inspect product donations to ensure that safety and sanitation standards are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Coordinator or Boise Operations Manager to satisfactorily complete agency goals and objectives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Requires High School Diploma
- Must be a defensive driver with a current DMV printout with no moving violations.
- Class A CDL driver’s license with minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Become ServSafe certified; commit to adhering to principles and practices of food safety
- Professional truck driving experience, preferably in a food-related environment
- Ability to drive a box truck, automatic and standard vehicles, operate standard warehouse equipment and demonstrated ability in maintenance and basic repair of delivery equipment.
- Ability to safely operate all types of warehouse equipment, including, but not limited to, pallet jacks, forklifts, and dock levelers.
- Must have a forklift certification.
- Strong commitment to safe work practices, particularly road/vehicle safety
- Professional appearance required
- Ability to safely lift items weighing 20-100 pounds occasionally, and up to 50 pounds frequently using safe lifting techniques.
- Up to 2/3 of the time: walk, sit, squat, bend, twist, and reach at various heights above and below shoulder level.
- Up to 1/3 of the time: push or pull; lift large, heavy, awkward objects while maneuvering in a confined space.
- Work inside freezers and coolers with a temperature of -10 to 38 degrees F.
- Conduct pre and post trip inspection and complete vehicle inspection report
- Strong commitment to quality record keeping, customer service, and operational efficiency without shortcutting processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft office procedures
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well with other staff and to relate to donors and agency representatives. Speak to customers with poise, voice control, and confidence imparting information in a clear and understanding manner.
- Ability to work steadily and independently with minimum supervision and to follow standardized procedures. Strong problem solving capability and ability to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to work diverse schedule
- Familiar with SW Idaho
- Commit to upholding policies, principles and best practices for food safety.
Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies and health rules, programs and procedures, to report all unsafe acts, environment or behaviors immediately and to always report safety issues, incidents or accidents immediately.
- Employment Requirement
- Negative Drug Screen
- Successful Background Clearance
Individual will drive in enclosed truck on a daily basis. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds when loading/unloading trucks and assisting in the warehouse. Ability to function in extreme temperature environments while working outside. May have to get into cramped positions to reach work spaces, such as the back of a truck.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
THE IDAHO FOODBANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.