Full-time, day shift, located in Pocatello, Idaho
Provide safe and efficient transportation of food, product, and supplies in all types of weather conditions including, but not limited to, fog, rain, sleet, and ice. Develop and maintain donor relationships with excellent customer service skills. Assist warehouse operations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Requires High School Diploma.
- Must be a defensive driver with a current DMV printout with no moving violations.
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License required
- Minimum of 5 years of professional truck driving experience, preferably in a food-related environment. With experience driving box truck, automatic and standard vehicles.
- Become ServSafe certified.
- Demonstrated ability in maintenance and basic repair of delivery equipment. Ability to safely operate all types of warehouse equipment, including, but not limited to, pallet jacks, forklifts, and dock levelers.
- Strong commitment to safe work practices, particularly road/vehicle safety.
- Professional appearance required.
- Strong commitment to quality record keeping, customer service, and operational efficiency without shortcutting processes.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with other staff and to relate to donors and agency representatives.
- Speak to customers with poise, voice control, and confidence imparting information in a clear and understanding manner.
- Ability to work steadily and independently with minimum supervision and to follow standardized procedures.
- Strong problem-solving capability and ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Familiarity with eastern Idaho is a plus
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commit to upholding policies, principles and best practices for food safety. Assist in verifying food safety standards are met for products and packaging materials through visual inspection, product handling and temperature monitoring when applicable.
- Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies and health rules, programs and procedures, to report all unsafe acts, environment or behaviors immediately and to always report safety issues, incidents or accidents immediately.
- Perform cleaning and light maintenance activities on all vehicles and equipment. Maintain accurate records of vehicle operations, maintenance and sanitation activities on a daily basis.
- Prepare truck route for next day’s business including refueling, maintenance inspections and cleaning activities. Conduct weekly cleaning and sanitizing of vehicle and equipment. Inside of cab must be maintained clean, free of trash and contain all necessary safety equipment and documentation, such as insurance and licensing.
- Ensure warehouse areas are clean and sanitary, conduct cleaning activities according to schedule and ensure cleaning records are accurate, complete and current.
- Ensure all required documentation necessary for compliance to occupational safety, food safety standards and regulatory requirements is complete, accurate and current.
- Maintain rapport with donors, their employees, partner agencies and volunteers to foster continued support and a professional working relationship.
- Work with other team members in a cooperative and supportive way, providing assistance and fill-in coverage for other warehouse positions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Branch Manager to satisfactorily complete Branch goals and objectives.
This work is performed in a warehouse environment with frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds and occasional lifting over 50 pounds. Functioning in extreme temperatures between -10 to 38°F is required. Frequent bending, lifting, twisting, walking, sitting and reaching at various heights above and below shoulder level within confined spaces. May work outside normal working hours and drive own vehicle for various projects on a daily basis.
Commit to upholding policies, principles and best practices for food safety.
Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies and health rules, programs and procedures, to report all unsafe acts, environment or behaviors immediately and to always report safety issues, incidents or accidents immediately.
- Negative Drug Screen
- Successful Background Clearance
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
THE IDAHO FOODBANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER