Job Title: Driver I
Classification: Part-Time/Temporary, Non-Exempt (November – December)
Reports to: SW Idaho Distribution Manager
Location: Boise, Idaho
Safe and efficient transportation of food, product, and supplies in all types of weather conditions including, but not limited to, fog, rain, sleet, and ice. Develop and maintain donor relationships with excellent customer service skills. Assist in warehouse operations.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary driver for timely execution of product pick-up and delivery from program partners and agencies.
- Complete and perform accurate follow-through on documentation for shipping, receiving, unloading, and warehousing of product.
- Perform cleaning & light maintenance on all vehicles and equipment and report problems to Warehouse Coordinator. Maintain accurate records of vehicle operations and maintenance on a daily basis.
- Prepare truck/route for next day’s business including refueling, maintenance checks, cleaning refer box, and equipment. Weekly cleaning and disinfecting of vehicles and equipment. Inside cab must be clean, free of trash, and contain all proper safety equipment and insurance paperwork.
- Work with other team members in a cooperative and supportive way. Providing assistance and fill-in coverage for other positions.
- Driver’s office and dock door area clean and free of debris daily. Assist in maintaining an orderly and sanitary warehouse.
- Load and offload company vehicles as required. Exercise safe lifting practices.
- Maintain rapport with donors and their employees to foster continued support and a professional working relationship.
- Inspect product donations to insure that safety and sanitation standards are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Coordinator or Boise Operations Manager to satisfactorily complete agency goals and objectives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Requires High School Diploma
- Must be a defensive driver with a Class D driver’s license, current DMV printout with no moving violations, and a forklift certification.
- Become Serv-Safe certified; commit to adhering to principles and practices of food safety
- Minimum of 2 years professional truck driving experience, preferably in a food-related environment
- Ability to drive a box truck, automatic and standard vehicles, operate standard warehouse equipment and demonstrated ability in maintenance and basic repair of delivery equipment. Ability to safely operate all types of warehouse equipment, including, but not limited to, pallet jacks, forklifts, and dock levelers.
- Strong commitment to safe work practices, particularly road/vehicle safety
- Professional appearance required
- Ability to safely lift items weighing 20-100 pounds occasionally, and up to 50 pounds frequently using safe lifting techniques.
- Up to 2/3 of the time: walk, sit, squat, bend, twist, and reach at various heights above and below shoulder level.
- Up to 1/3 of the time: push or pull; lift large, heavy, awkward objects while maneuvering in a confined space.
- Work inside freezers and coolers with a temperature of -10 to 38 degrees F.
- Conduct pre and post trip inspection and complete vehicle inspection report
- Strong commitment to quality record keeping, customer service, and operational efficiency without shortcutting processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft office procedures
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well with other staff and to relate to donors and agency representatives. Speak to customers with poise, voice control, and confidence imparting information in a clear and understanding manner.
- Ability to work steadily and independently with minimum supervision and to follow standardized procedures. Strong problem-solving capability and ability to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to work diverse schedule
- Familiar with SW Idaho
THE IDAHO FOODBANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER