Job Title: Eastern Idaho Branch Manager
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Location: Pocatello, ID
Directs, administers and coordinates the overall operations of The Idaho Foodbank in the Eastern Idaho Region, including product receipt and distribution, logistics and transportation, inventory control, programs planning, evaluation, and execution. This position actively engages and seeks local volunteers, and financial and food donors and represents The Idaho Foodbank, its program and promotes hunger awareness in the Eastern region.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years equivalent management experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, including internet
- Have a valid Driver’s License, access to an automobile and current automobile insurance
- Excellent organizational and coalition building skills
- Excellent understanding of customer service
- Media relations and fundraising experience helpful
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate, direct and motivate staff
- Strong problem solving skills, analytical, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Able to be flexible and adaptable to change
- Ability to work independently in a multi-cultural environment with commitment to social justice
- Experience with food industry and warehouse management desired
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise operations for The Idaho Foodbank’s Eastern Idaho Facility, including staff and volunteers.
- Provide guidance, mentorship and support to staff
- Provide leadership and training to ensure that the work is completed correctly and safely with priority given to both The Idaho Foodbank and member agency needs while minimizing costs.
- Maintain overall compliance with all applicable Federal, State, County, Local and industry standards including Feeding America and food safety standards for the receiving, handling, storage and distribution of donated and purchased food products and packaging materials. Lead team members to build a strong, consistent culture of food safety. Work closely with the Food Safety and Compliance Coordinator to support the food safety management system.
- Maintain compliance with all OSHA standards for occupational safety including ensuring the completion of safety inspections, employee training and necessary documentation.
- Ensure training objectives for staff are met and competency assessed as needed.
- Serve as designated alternate for Food Safety Program Contact for the warehouse.
- Provide to the Finance and Administration Department timely and accurate record keeping for donations and expenses.
- Ensure agency monitoring is in compliance with any internal or external standards in cooperation with Agency Relations.
- Serve as the key spokesperson for the region and represent The Idaho Foodbank to the community through active participation via media community groups, and other forms of public relations.
- Develop and execute volunteer activities, appreciation events, food and fund drives
- Work closely with Vice President of Development and statewide team directing the development coordinator to develop and implement fundraising strategies that support the fundraising and food resourcing goals for the Eastern Idaho Region of the Foodbank.
- Cultivate relationships with food and financial donors in the region.
- Assist with the development of communication and provide coordinated messaging for the Idaho Foodbank’s partner agency network.
- Maintain comprehensive records of all contacts and activities via Raisers Edge.
- Responsible for coordinating pick-up and delivery of local food donations.
- Responsible for receiving and distributing donated and purchased product in accordance with policies of The Idaho Foodbank and Feeding America.
- Recruit non-profit agencies that could benefit from inclusion in The Idaho Foodbank food distribution program.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completing and submission of all reports.
- Responsible for physical inventories.
- Responsible for maintaining the warehouse in sanitary, food handling condition that is in full compliance with all pertinent health, safety, Feeding America, AIB and any other defined standards.
- Assure the daily filing, tracking and reporting of agency orders, bank deposits, mail and other pertinent areas.
- Maintain close working relations with the partner agencies that receive product from The Idaho Foodbank.
- Coordinate and provide focused services for IFB Program, such as Backpack, School Pantry, Cooking Matters, CSFP and other special programs.
- Keep records to track warehouse/building maintenance and appropriate equipment readings.
- Assure that all equipment is kept clean and well maintained.
- Train users on effective and safe use of warehouse equipment.
- Ensure all daily/weekly/monthly logs are current and accurate as required by Feeding America guidelines and/or internal policy at all times.
- Maintain facility layout to allow an organized food flow and environment. Work with Vice President of Operations and other staff to project future warehouse and service needs and program development.
- Work toward the successful resolution of concerns from team members or constituents.
- Serve as a member of The Idaho Foodbank team to further the mission and service of the agency.
- Assist in planning the annual branch budget and Business Plan.
- Commit to upholding policies, principles and best practices for food safety.
- Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies and health rules, programs and procedures, to report all unsafe acts, environment or behaviors immediately and to always report safety issues, incidents or accidents immediately.
- Negative Drug Screen
- Successful Background Clearance
This work is performed primarily in an office environment while sitting at a computer terminal for extended periods of time. May involve periodic lifting and carrying of items that may weigh up to 50 pounds. May work outside normal working hours and drive own vehicle for various projects on a daily basis.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
THE IDAHO FOODBANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER