- This event has passed.
2017 Boise Blues Festival
July 16, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 8:30 pm$25
This year’s Festival has a definite reunion theme, as we celebrate our 25th year of bringing the blues to Boise. Boise Blues Society was founded in 1992, the first “summer picnic” came during the first year, and the organization has been around playing and presenting the blues in Treasure Valley ever since. In 2015 the summer picnic became the Boise Blues Festival.
The 2017 festival includes the return of 3 of our most crowd-pleasing touring musicians of recent years, 2 of Boise’s most popular local blues bands, and an 85-year-old Mississippi blues icon who’s been playing and singing the blues for more than 70 years. You can’t get much more blues history than that!
This year’s lineup includes:
- Modern day blues icon CURTIS SALGADO, the man who inspired the original Blues Brothers, returns to Boise after his sold-out show in June 2016.
- The LISA MANN BAND, which sold out the Sapphire Room in 2015 for one of our most well-received shows ever, and returned to Treasure Valley for last summer’s Blues & Bones event.
- JOHNNY RAWLS, who sold out a show at the Playhouse in March 2016, and returned to Playhouse this March.
- THE BLUES ADDICTS, a mega-popular Boise blues band opening the Festival, joined by their frequent guests THE BRASS TACKS horn section.
- LEO “BUD” WELCH, who has been called the last of the original Mississippi Delta guitarists.
The Idaho Foodbank has a been a longtime supporting partner and beneficiary of the annual Boise Blues Society events through food drive donations and monetary donations.
Tickets in advance are $25 through Eventbrite, and $30 at the gate.