- This event has passed.
Free Health Screenings – Nampa
April 11, 2019 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm MDT
Basic physical and dental exams and onsite testing for blood sugar levels are included in free services offered at a community health screening Thursday, April 11, 4-7 p.m., at Snake River Elementary School, 500 Stampede Drive, in Nampa.
The screening is for adults with no insurance or limited access to preventive health care. Idaho State University-Meridian faculty and student clinicians administer the services which include:
- Blood pressure checks, medication reviews and disease education
- Oral/dental health evaluation and education
- Depression and alcohol screenings and questionnaires
- On-site testing for blood sugar levels, cholesterol, HIV and hepatitis C
- Hearing and eye screenings
- Nutrition assessments and recommendations
- Health education
- Traumatic brain injury screenings
The Community Health Screening Program began in March 2010 and has screened more than 1,200 adults. Partners are ISU-Meridian, Ada County, The Idaho Foodbank and Hispanic Cultural Center of Idaho. The April screening will be the last one until fall.
The full screening process takes about 90 minutes, and patients in immediate need are given appointments at low-cost or free Treasure Valley clinics for additional care. For more information, call 373-1700 or email healthyU@isu.edu.