- This event has passed.
Race for the Steaks Fun Run
October 5, 2019 @ 4:00 pm - 7:30 pm MDT
The 6th annual Idaho Beef Council Race For The Steaks benefiting the
Treasure Valley Family YMCA and The Idaho Foodbank.
Bring the whole family for an evening of fun at beautiful Ann Morrison Park in Boise. Sign Up for one of three races, meet a local Idaho rancher and try your hand at roping a cow dummy. Then, finish the evening off by refueling with a delicious, nutritious, Tri Tip Steak dinner — all to raise money for a good cause.
The steak dinner is free to all race participants, but additional dinner tickets may be purchased for $15 in advance while supplies last.
For each race registration, $10 will be donated to the Beef Counts program. Beef Counts is a community-based partnership between Idaho’s beef industry and The Idaho Foodbank that provides high quality beef protein to food-insecure Idahoans. The remainder of race registration fees will benefit the Treasure Valley Family YMCA.
- 5K Race – Start Time: 4:15 Approximately 1/3 mile run/walk for everyone, kids and adults. Children must be accompanied by paid adult participant.
- 5K Run – Start time: 4:45 pm
- 10K Run – Start time: 4:30 pm
The course will close at 7:30 pm and this will be the last call for Steak, as well!
- Besides the race, the event will be an opportunity to channel your inner cowboy. The Beef Council will have fun activities such as “rope a cow”, using a dummy, or fun photo opportunities.
- You will you have the opportunity to challenge America Ninja Warrior and Idaho beef rancher, the Cowboy Ninja, Lance Pekus, in the 5K.
- Learn more about Idaho’s agricultural heritage by meeting local ranchers.