Position Title: Food Drive Assistant
Classification: Non-Exempt, Hourly, Part-Time, Temporary
Term: 20 – 25 hours per week
Reports to: Volunteer Program Coordinator
Location: Boise, ID
The Food Drive Assistant will assist in the coordination of community food drives and events in Southwest Idaho to benefit The Idaho Foodbank. Food drives are often the first point of contact a donor has with the Foodbank and it is essential that their interaction with the Assistant be a positive experience. In addition, assist with volunteer supervision and volunteer warehouse workgroups as necessary. Training and orientation provided.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Good organization and time management skills
• Excellent communication and creative skills
• Comfortable in public speaking
• Problem solver
• Customer service oriented, friendly
• Self-starter, ability to work independently
• Above-average knowledge of Microsoft Office products; Outlook, Excel and Word
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reply to phone and email inquiries regarding food drives
• Contact previous food drive donors via phone, letter and email to confirm their participation in current year.
• Explore needs, help set goals and explain options for donating through online fund drives,
email campaigns, etc.
• Encourage donors to consider online fund drives
• Coordinate drop off and pick up of collection bins, as needed
• Work with marketing team to promote food drive events through website and social media
• Balance food drives against receipts as they come in to capture data for statistical analysis
• Assist with events as needed – interacting with the public, educating them through talking points regarding the mission of The Idaho Foodbank
• Enter data in accurate and timely fashion on food drive spreadsheet
• Send thank you letters to donors weekly using mail merge
• Assist with volunteer supervision and volunteer work groups as needed
• Commit to upholding policies, principles and best practices for food safety.
• Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies and health rules, programs and procedures, to report all unsafe acts, environment or behaviors immediately and to always report safety issues, incidents or accidents immediately.
This work is performed primarily in an office environment while sitting at a computer terminal for extended periods of time. May involve periodic lifting or carrying of items weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Negative Drug Screen
• Successful Background Clearance
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
THE IDAHO FOODBANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.