Job Title: Food Sourcing Coordinator
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Food Sourcing Manager
Location: Boise, ID
The Food Sourcing Coordinator is focused on coordinating the Food Rescue Program along with the Community food drives and the Power of Purchase Program. Donor stewardship and customer relations is a critical focus area, encompassing the recognition of individuals, organizations and corporations. This person is responsible for organizing special projects with food industry partners, the community and donors. The person plays a critical role in the overall food sourcing department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify, cultivate and coordinate community resources to include food donations and in-kind goods in support of providing food to those facing hunger in Idaho.
- Coordinate Food Rescue Program statewide including communication between the Foodbank, grocery stores and partner agencies.
- Responsible for identifying new donor partner stores and donors; and maintaining current donor relations through regular store and donor visits.
- Coordinate quarterly and annual donor reports and recognition for Food Rescue Program and food donors in general.
- Project coordination that includes marketing and community engagement in support of food drive campaigns.
- Support industry donor relationships & campaigns as assigned.
- Maintain accurate customer relationship management database records and provide reports.
- Other duties as assigned
DESIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Professional and customer service oriented.
- Experience in handling budgets, food procurement and purchase orders.
- Data entry and reporting experience in CRMs and inventory software a plus (Ceres is the database used).
- Professional experience working in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Tableau)
- Warehouse, logistics or food industry-related experience a plus.
- Comfortable using innovative, creative and entrepreneurial approach to overcome challenges.
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Effective communicator and contributor in cross-functional groups.
- Highly organized with ability to successfully multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Able to interact with diverse audiences and actively problem-solve.
- Food purchasing experience a plus.
- Customer service background, strong interpersonal skills, good time management skills.
- Experience with inventory, warehousing, purchasing, marketing or food distribution preferred.
- Project coordination, marketing and communication skills.
Commit to upholding policies, principles and best practices for food safety. Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies and health rules, programs and procedures, to report all unsafe acts, environment or behaviors immediately and to always report safety issues, incidents or accidents immediately.
This work is performed primarily in the field with additional tasks in an office environment while sitting at a computer terminal for extended periods of time. May involve periodic lifting and carrying of items that may weigh up to 50 pounds. May work outside normal working hours and drive own vehicle for various projects on a daily basis.
Travel around state on annual basis and regular regional travel required.
- Negative Drug Screen
- Successful Background Clearance
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
THE IDAHO FOODBANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.