Position Title: Gift & Mail Processing Assistant, 2018 – 2019
Classification: Non-Exempt, Hourly, Temporary, Full -Time
Term: October 2018- Mid-January, 2019 (to be determined)
Reports to: Applications Support Supervisor
Assist with seasonal donation mail and gift processing. Duties include mail processing, sorting, batching, and filing of donation documentation and assisting with data entry; providing additional assistance with folding, stuffing, and postage/mailing of thank-you letters and correspondence. Other duties as assigned. Training and orientation provided.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Honesty and integrity are a must
- Ability to understand and maintain policies of confidentiality
- Proven track record of attention to detail, process, and accuracy
- Good organization and time management skills
- Self-starter, ability to work independently
- Problem solver
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and duties
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office software
- Ability to interact with staff, volunteers, and the public with diverse backgrounds
- Data entry experience a plus
- Cash handling experience a plus
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform accurate data entry in donor database system
- Assist with sorting and opening all mail
- Key in donations and maintain an organized workflow with mail donation processes
- Sort and organize donations and other cash receipts
- Process, fold, and stuff thank-you letters to donors within established timelines
- Assist with other office processes and procedures as needed, including but not limited to: typing, copying, scanning, and use of postage machine
- Other duties as assigned
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment while sitting at a computer for extended periods of time. May involve periodic lifting and carrying of items that may weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Commit to upholding policies, principles and best practices for food safety.
- Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies and health rules, programs and procedures, to report all unsafe acts, environment or behaviors immediately and to always report safety issues, incidents or accidents immediately.
- Negative Drug Screen
- Successful Background Clearance
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
THE IDAHO FOODBANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.