Classification: Full-Time, Hourly, Temporary (July – December)
Location: Boise, ID
The Harvest Driver position is responsible for driving a 53 foot tractor trailer to farms across southwest Idaho. They will help load fresh produce from the farms to be delivered back to the Idaho Foodbank for distribution. Other duties will include unloading of product, local food pickups and deliveries to partner agencies across southern Idaho.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete and perform accurate follow-through on required documentation.
- Work with other team members in a cooperative and supportive way.
- Load and offload company vehicles as required, using safe lifting practices.
- Maintain rapport with donors and their employees to foster continued support and a professional working relationship.
- Inspect product donations to ensure that safety and sanitation standards are met.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be a defensive driver with no moving violations.
- Class A CDL driver’s license with minimum of 5 years related experience, preferably in a food-related environment.
- Ability to become ServSafe certified; commit to adhering to principles and practices of food safety – Certification Training Provided
- Professional appearance required
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Ability to work well with other staff and to relate to donors and agency representatives.
- Ability to work steadily and independently with minimum supervision and to follow standardized procedures.
- Strong problem solving capability and ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Ability to work diverse schedule.
- Familiar with Southwest Idaho
Individual will drive in enclosed truck on a daily basis. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds when loading/unloading trucks and assisting in the warehouse. Ability to function in extreme temperature environments while working outside. May have to get into cramped positions to reach work spaces, such as the back of a truck.
THE IDAHO FOODBANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.