Job Title: Inventory Control Specialist
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Inventory Control Coordinator
Location: Meridian, ID
Responsible for Inventory Control through data entry into Inventory Software (Navision) and Excel, data collection and analysis, random counts and assisting agencies with orders.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for inventory control through the use of Inventory Software (Navision), including receiving, warehouse inventory handling (put-away, picks, and movements) item card setup, lot tracking, item transfers, physical inventory and item journals.
- Research and resolve inventory discrepancies including, but not limited to researching agency claims, cycle counts for missing product, adjust inventory quantities, handle damaged inventory, disposing of inventory.
- Effectively communicate with Operations department to ensure a comprehensive understanding of all inventory movement (receiving, sorting, repack, distribution, internal transfers, etc.).
- Report to relevant supervisor with any inventory discrepancies.
- Works closely with Programs & Partnerships team to develop relationships and understand the varied needs of our partner agencies.
- Assist partner agencies with reporting and data collection.
- Promote a safe work environment through personal actions. Identify and report any safety concerns or accidents immediately.
- Work with other departments to control the distribution of product on a timely basis.
- Promote FEFO (First Expiration First Out) through lot-expiration process.
- Ensure that food safety standards are met for products and packaging materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Data Entry Experience
- High Attention to detail
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in data collection and analysis
- An analytical mind with strong math skills
- Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, tasks, and deadlines
- Ability to work with diverse groups and be a part of a team
- Familiarity with a warehouse environment and equipment a plus
- Experience with Inventory Software a plus
- Commit to upholding policies, principles and best practices for food safety.
- Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies and health rules, programs and procedures, to report all unsafe acts, environment or behaviors immediately and to always report safety issues, incidents or accidents immediately.
- Negative Drug Screen
- Successful Background Check
This work is performed primarily in an office environment while sitting at a computer terminal for extended periods of time. May involve periodic lifting and carrying of items that may weigh up to 50 pounds. May work outside normal working hours and drive own vehicle for various projects on a daily basis.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
THE IDAHO FOODBANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER