Play a key role in overseeing the financial health of our organization, ensuring accuracy in financial reporting, and providing strategic financial guidance to senior management. The successful candidate will have a strong background in managing and developing people, financial analysis, budgeting, and internal controls.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and inspire a team of two Accounting and one IT Staff and encourage their growth and development.
- Ensure accurate and timely reconciliation of bank accounts and general and subsidiary ledgers.
- Provide monthly financial reports and dashboard with variance explanations.
- Coordinate monthly close process.
- Ad hoc data analysis and reporting as required.
- Analyze and monitor cash management.
- Assist with annual budget and monthly forecast development.
- Administer grant tracking including government programs and reporting.
- Assist with audit preparation and audited financial statements. Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Create schedules and financial statement notes.
- Prepare general journal entries, and accruals.
- Maintain and enforce Internal Controls throughout the organization.
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for all processes.
- Maintain fixed assets, roll forward schedules, and reconciliation to general ledger. Book monthly and year end reconciled depreciation.
- Operate computer programs, accounting software, and general office equipment.
- Preparation of the annual IRS 990 tax form.
- Backup for Payroll and AP processing.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of the importance of taking care of our employees through various leadership styles and the ability to adapt approaches based on team and company dynamics.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related field. CPA preferred, or similar work progressive experience.
- Advanced Excel capabilities such as VLOOKUP’s, XLOOKUP’s, Pivot tables, etc.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong ability to work independently and productively.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong project/process management skills.
- Good judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge and experience with related computer applications.
- Knowledge of auditing practices and principles.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes, and regulations.
- Ability to understand and explain complex written materials.
- Stress tolerance amid competing priorities.
- Maintain confidential information without breech.
Food and Workplace Safety
- Commit to upholding policies, principles, and best practices for food safety.
- Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies and health rules, programs, and procedures, to report all unsafe acts, environments, or behaviors immediately, and to always report safety issues, incidents or accidents immediately.
This work is performed primarily in an office environment while sitting at a computer terminal for extended periods of time. May involve periodic lifting and carrying of items that may weigh up to 50 pounds. May work outside normal working hours and drive own vehicle for various projects on a daily basis.
- Negative Drug Screen
- Successful Background Clearance
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The Idaho Foodbank is an Equal Opportunity Employer fully committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent. We invest in fostering a diverse work environment that promotes equity and inclusion where our staff and those we serve will be afforded equitable access and opportunities to reach their full potential and feel valued, respected, and supported.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.