Responsible for reconciling the general ledger and subsidiary accounts, preparing accurate and timely financial reports, and ensuring appropriate accounting control procedures. Assist in the budgeting process including software training, imports, exports, tracking and weekly updates. Ownership and preparation of entire payroll, timecard monitoring processes, and reporting using our online payroll software. Integral part of annual 990 and audit team, providing data as requested before, during, and after our annual audit and tax deadlines.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare general journal entries and enter into accounting system.
- Assist with annual budget development and system maintenance.
- Biweekly payroll preparation and submission to payroll processor.
- Biweekly reconciliation of payroll liabilities and entry into accounting software.
- Maintain 401K records in payroll, submit biweekly remittances, and complete all reports.
- Cross-train with other finance staff to provide backup to all critical functions as needed.
- Assist with audit and single audit preparation and reporting. Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities.
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting, as needed.
- Operate computer programs, accounting software, and general office equipment.
- Assist as needed with other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- CPA desired or Accounting degree or equivalent experience plus a minimum of 3 years’ experience managing financial systems.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel – pivot tables, tables, VLOOKUP or XLOOKUP.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong communication skills.
- Year-end accruals experience.
- Project and process management skills.
- Judgment and problem-solving skills.
- Payroll experience a plus.
- Financial analysis experience a plus
- Stress tolerance amid competing priorities.
- Maintain confidential information.
Food and Workplace Safety
- Commit to upholding policies, principles and best practices for food and workplace safety.
- Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies and health rules, programs and procedures, to report all unsafe acts, environments, or behaviors immediately and to always report safety issues, incidents or accidents immediately.
This work is performed primarily in an office environment while sitting at a computer terminal for extended periods of time. May involve periodic lifting and carrying of items that may weigh up to 50 pounds. May work outside normal working hours and drive own vehicle for various projects on occasion.
- Negative Drug Screen
- Successful Background Clearance
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The Idaho Foodbank is an Equal Opportunity Employer fully committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent. We invest in fostering a diverse work environment that promotes equity and inclusion where our staff and those we serve will be afforded equitable access and opportunities to reach their full potential and feel valued, respected, and supported.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
THE IDAHO FOODBANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER