Job Title: Nutrition & Partner Specialist, North Central
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Department: Partnerships & Programs
Reports to: Branch Manager
Location: North Central Idaho
Responsibilities include promoting nutrition and health through The Idaho Foodbank’s Partner Network in North Central Idaho. This position integrates partner and nutrition education goals through coaching, training, and support. The role also assists in the growth and retention of partners, to include community organizations and schools, ensuring partner compliance with all necessary laws, policies, and guidelines regarding safe food distribution. The Nutrition & Partner Specialist works alongside the Branch Manager, as well as the Nutrition Services Manager, to identify and ensure equitable distribution of product in the region, promote nutrition with all partners, and other special projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES & KEY RESULT AREAS
- Network with health-centered organizations and assist in delivering The Idaho Foodbank’s Hunger to Health Initiatives.
- Participate in the recruitment, management, and stewardship of nutrition education volunteers.
- Work with community partners and schools to create nutrition interventions that are applicable to their communities and organizations.
- Collaborate with statewide nutrition education team.
- Lead general nutrition education internally and externally to The Idaho Foodbank.
Program & Partnerships
- Screen prospective community partners and schools to assist with applications and agreements between The Idaho Foodbank and partner organization.
- Develop community partners and schools to ensure compliance, including site visits and ongoing training.
- Assist in the implementation of a partner network gap analysis and capacity measurement tool for community partners, including surveys.
- Foster cooperative relationships between community partners and The Idaho Foodbank through customer service and conflict resolution.
- Coordinate peer partner communities and share health, nutrition, and hunger-related information.
- Coordinate the distribution of school pantry and backpack items to partner schools.
- Train and support schools in the delivery of the programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Passion for nutrition, delivery of nutrition education, and healthy communities.
- Experience and commitment to serving low income individuals and families.
- Must be strong independent worker and have the ability to work as a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Proven competencies in Microsoft Office products, including Internet, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and standard office equipment.
- Fluency in other languages a plus.
- Have a valid Driver’s License and access to an automobile with current auto insurance.
- Must be able to pass the Manager’s Level ServSafe Certification.
- Physical job requirements include ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Frequent travel required within counties served by organization/programs.
This work is performed primarily in an office environment while sitting at a computer terminal for extended periods of time. Employee will use computer and smart phones extensively. Work may involve periodic lifting and carrying of items that may weigh up to 30 pounds. May work outside normal business hours, such as evenings and weekends, and could require driving frequently due to work performed in the community. Mileage reimbursement will be provided when using a personal vehicle.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
THE IDAHO FOODBANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER