Job Title: Nutrition Services Manager
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Department: Programs & Partnerships
Reports to: Director, Programs & Partnerships
Location: Meridian, ID
The Nutrition Services Manager is an administrative position designed to support the goals and objectives of The Idaho Foodbank’s Nutrition Services Department through program delivery. Under the supervision and guidance of the Program Director, The Nutrition Services Manager is responsible for the oversight, evaluation and implementation of all children’s nutrition programs as well as nutrition education intended for our partners, food recipients, and the general public. Duties and responsibilities are subject to change in order to meet the needs of current and future programs, fulfilling the immediate and growth needs of our communities.
- Nutrition Programs: Backpack, School Pantry, & Picnic in the Park
- Manager duties related to planning, budgeting, and compliance of The Idaho Foodbank’s Backpack, School Pantry and Picnic in the Park Programs.
- Ensure programs regularly meet the needs of low-income children and households.
- Provide guidance and support to other Idaho Foodbank branch locations for program implementation and coordination.
- Oversee menu planning, food purchases, inventory control and distribution of food products.
- Assure the timely submission of all reports including data entry for The Idaho Foodbank Dashboard.
- Management of the relationship and oversight for all aspects (planning, budgeting, organizing and implementation) of the Cooking Matters® and Cooking Matters at The Store® programs in compliance with Share Our Strength’s gold standards of operation at all 3 Idaho Foodbank branch locations.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships within the professional community to increase the visibility of the programs.
- Work with Community Partners to determine the nutrition education needs.
- Work with the Food Sourcing Department to determine the nutrition categorization and goals.
- Represent Idaho Foodbank and nutrition programs through various channels.
- Represent The Idaho Foodbank at meetings or other events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in nutrition, nutrition education or dietetics. Registered Dietician or R.D. licensure eligibility strongly preferred.
- Candidate should have at least 3 years of experience managing programs and staff.
- Ability to hire, train, delegate, and motivate a high-performing, remotely-located staff committed to the mission and values of the Foodbank.
- Knowledge of food assistance programs, hunger issues, and/or experience with social service agencies preferred.
- Able to handle multiple priorities and effectively work with a diverse team.
- Excellent organizational skills and project management experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as demonstrated problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Travel may occur in counties served by organization/programs.
- Have a valid Driver’s License and access to an automobile with current auto insurance.
- Must be able to pass the Manager’s-Level ServSafe Certification.
- Multi-lingual applicants encouraged to apply.
- Commit to upholding policies, principles and best practices for food safety.
- Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies and health rules, programs and procedures, to report all unsafe acts, environment or behaviors immediately and to always report safety issues, incidents or accidents immediately.
- Negative Drug Screen
- Successful Background Clearance
This work is performed primarily in an office environment while sitting at a computer terminal for extended periods of time. May involve periodic lifting and carrying of items that may weigh up to 50 pounds. May work outside normal working hours and drive own vehicle for various projects on a daily basis.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
THE IDAHO FOODBANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.