Position: PICNIC IN THE PARK / Summer Lunch Program
Classification: Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Exempt, Hourly
Reports to: Nutrition Services Coordinator
Schedule: 2 to 8 hours per day Monday-Friday, depending upon job assignment
Service Dates: June 3 through August 9, 2019, excluding July 4, 2019 (holiday)
Deadline: Until positions are filled
How to Apply: www.idahofoodbank.org (Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.)
The Idaho Foodbank is hiring to fill open positions for the 2019 Picnic in the Park summer lunch program. Positions include: Team Leads, Site Supervisors, Site Assistants, Drivers, and Driver’s assistant. Positions will be assigned prior to the training dates.
Job Summary: Assist with operations of The Idaho Foodbank’s PICNIC IN THE PARK / Summer Lunch Programby overseeing the safe handling, transport, and service of meals to children ages 1-18 at assigned locations. Staff members are responsible for accurate inventory control, meal service provision, food temperatures, number of children served, and proper portion control recording at assigned meal times in compliance with USDA program guidelines.
- Ability to pass and demonstrate food safety training and certification provided by The Idaho Foodbank
- Enjoy working with children and working as part of a team
- Ability to provide leadership to other program staff and service recipients
- Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in all aspects of assigned duties
- Clean and neat in appearance
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
- Provide a clean driving record and proof of insurance/eligibility, if hired as a driver (drivers must be 21 years of age)
- Ability to accurately collect and record required information
- Able to lift 35 lbs. and perform physical requirements of job, including but not limited to: working outdoors in parks, exposure to extreme refrigeration and freezer temperatures when staging food for service delivery, helping set up tables, lifting coolers of food, crates of milk, etc.
- Reliable transportation is required
- Accurate monitoring/recording of food temperatures
- Follow USDA meal service guidelines
- Safe food handling, transport, and storage procedures
- Operation and safety requirements of Idaho Foodbank vehicles (depending upon assigned position)
- USDA Civil Rights Nondiscrimination Policy and reporting procedures
- Customer service policies, safety review, and accurate record keeping
- Site equipment maintenance, safety, transportation, and storage responsibilities
- Mileage reporting and reimbursement procedures
- Personal hygiene, dress code, and conduct requirements
- Warehouse equipment maintenance and safety
- Attend both mandatory program training on Tuesday, May 28thand Wednesday, May 29, 2019(schedule TBD) and sign attendance logs for all required trainings
- Mandatory program setup (all positions) and driver and driver’s assistant training on Friday, May 31 (schedule TBD)
- Participate in daily order fulfillment, return inventory reconciliation, collection of daily meal count forms and personnel time sheets
- Participate in all aspects of meal service at assigned location(s) including but not limited to: safe food handling, transportation and meal service, equipment maintenance and set up, complete and accurate record keeping, and compliance with USDA program guidelines
- Position may require use of Idaho Foodbank or personal vehicle to transport meals and provide service delivery at multiple locations
- Oversee and assist in park site set-up and clean-up each day as needed
- Serve meals to children, ages 1-18 at no charge
- Assist in other duties as assigned
*An offer of employment with The Picnic in the Park / Summer Lunch Program does not guarantee a minimum or maximum number of assigned hours or dates. Feeding site locations, assignments and job duties are subject to change based on the needs of the program.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.