PICNIC IN THE PARK / Summer Lunch Program
Classification: Temporary, Part-Time, Non-Exempt, Hourly
Schedule: 2 to 5 hours per day Monday-Friday, depending upon job assignment
Service Dates: June 1 through August 7, 2020, excluding July 3, 2020 (observation of July 4th holiday)
How to Apply: Employment – The Idaho Foodbank (Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.)
Hunger Doesn’t Take A Summer Vacation! Do you enjoy working with children and working outside, but don’t want to miss out on summer? Then we have the job for you! The Idaho Foodbank is currently hiring for temporary, part-time employees for the Picnic in the Park summer lunch program. Please visit our website for more information and the application form.
Positions include: Team Leads, Site Supervisors, Site Assistants, Drivers, and Driver’s Assistants. Positions will be assigned prior to the training dates.
Job Summary: Assist with operations of The Idaho Foodbank’s PICNIC IN THE PARK / Summer Lunch Program by overseeing the safe handling, transport, and service of meals to children ages 1-18 at assigned locations. Staff members are responsible for accurate inventory control, meal service provision, food temperatures, number of children served, and proper portion control recording at assigned meal times in compliance with USDA program guidelines.
- Ability to pass and demonstrate food safety training and certification provided by The Idaho Foodbank
- Previous experience working with children and working as part of a team
- Ability to provide leadership to other program staff and service recipients
- Provide a clean driving record and proof of insurance/eligibility, if hired as a driver (drivers must be 21 years of age)
- Ability to use sound judgement and accurately collect and record required information
- Able to lift 35 lbs. and perform physical requirements of job, including but not limited to: working outdoors in parks, exposure to extreme refrigeration and freezer temperatures when staging food for service delivery, helping set up tables, lifting coolers of food, crates of milk, etc.
- Reliable transportation is required
- Follow USDA meal service guidelines
- Maintain accurate records
- Provide excellent customer service to participants and be a team player with fellow staff members
- Follow safe food handling, transport, and storage procedures
- Prioritize safety during all job activities, especially when lifting, driving, or while working in the warehouse
- Uphold USDA Civil Rights Nondiscrimination Policy and follow proper reporting procedures if needed
- Adhere to personal hygiene, dress code, and conduct requirements
- Attend both mandatory program trainings on Tuesday, May 26th and Wednesday, May 27th, 2020 (schedule TBD).
- Attend mandatory program setup (all positions) and driver and driver’s assistant training on Friday, May 29th (schedule TBD)
- Participate in daily order fulfillment, return inventory reconciliation, collection of daily meal count forms and log time daily through Paycom® system
- Participate in all aspects of meal service at assigned location(s) including but not limited to: safe food handling, transportation and meal service, equipment maintenance and set up, complete and accurate record keeping, and compliance with USDA program guidelines
- Position may require use of Idaho Foodbank or personal vehicle to transport meals and provide service delivery at multiple locations
- Oversee and assist in park site set-up and clean-up each day as needed
- Serve meals to children, ages 1-18 at no charge
- Assist in other duties as assigned
- An offer of employment with The Picnic in the Park / Summer Lunch Program does not guarantee a minimum or maximum number of assigned hours or dates. Feeding site locations, assignments and job duties are subject to change based on the needs of the program.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.