Job Title: South Central Regional Coordinator
Classification:Full-Time, Non-Exempt, Work from Home
Department:Partnerships & Programs
Reports to:Director of Programs & Partnerships
Location: South Central Idaho/Magic Valley
Responsibilities include establishing a strong presence for The Idaho Foodbank in the South Central Region. This includes supporting the growth and retention of food pantries/food banks acting as Idaho Foodbank food distribution partners. The coordinator builds relationships within the community, ensures equitable distribution of food in the region and supports fundraising activities. This position also engages in seeking local volunteers, financial and food donors, and represents The Idaho Foodbank to promote hunger awareness in the South Central region.
- This remote position will work from home with occasional time at our administrative offices in Meridian.
- Foster cooperative relationships between community partners and The Idaho Foodbank.
- Coordinate focused services for programs such as Backpack, School Pantry, Mobile Pantry and others.
- Screen prospective food pantries/food banks to become community partners with The Idaho Foodbank and assist with application and agreements.
- Develop partners within the community, and ensure compliance including site visits and ongoing training.
- Assist with implementation of services and programs that react to specific community needs.
- Participate in studies, needs assessments, and resource connections on behalf of The Idaho Foodbank.
- Support community and healthcare partnerships.
Outreach & Development
- Serve as the key spokesperson for the region and represent The Idaho Foodbank to the community through active participation via media, community groups, and other forms of public relations.
- Cultivate relationships with key community supporters and donors.
- Assist with the development of communication and coordinated messaging for The Idaho Foodbank.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Preferred education and/or experience in project management and human services
- Experience and commitment to working with diverse and low income populations
- Must be strong independent worker, as well as be able to work as part of a team
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Must have strong organizational skills
- High standards of professional ethics and conduct
- Proven competencies in Microsoft Office products, including internet, Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access and standard office equipment
- Experience using Raisers Edge is a plus
- Fluent in English, ability to speak Spanish is a plus
- Frequent travel required within counties served by organization/programs.
- Must be able to provide an acceptable Motor Vehicle Record to meet insurance eligibility requirements.
- Have a valid Driver’s License and access to an automobile with current auto insurance.
- Must be able to pass Manager’s-Level ServSafe Certification.
- Physical job requirements include ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
This work is performed primarily in an office environment while sitting at a computer terminal for extended periods of time. Employee will use computer and smart phones extensively. Work may involve periodic lifting and carrying of items that may weigh up to 30 pounds. May work outside normal business hours, such as evenings and weekends, and could require driving frequently due to work performed in the region. Mileage reimbursement will be provided when using a personal vehicle.
- Commit to upholding policies, principles and best practices for food safety.
- Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies and health rules, programs and procedures, to report all unsafe acts, environment or behaviors immediately and to always report safety issues, incidents or accidents immediately.
- Negative Drug Screen
- Successful Background Clearance
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
THE IDAHO FOODBANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER