A Hunger-Free Idaho
Hunger is an every-day challenge for many of our neighbors here in Idaho, and it’s The Idaho Foodbank’s mission to help feed, educate and advocate for them. We collaborate and perpetually look for ways to strengthen individuals, families and communities. We are an independent, donor-supported, nonprofit organization, and we’re proud to say we’re the largest distributor of free food assistance in Idaho. From warehouses in Boise, Lewiston and Pocatello, the Foodbank distributes food for millions of meals each year through a network of more than 400 community-based partners across the state. In fact, this past year, we delivered enough food for nearly 16 million meals. We’re so fortunate to have a wide variety of people who choose to join The Idaho Foodbank. We have introverts and extroverts, numbers people, word people, visionaries, task masters and more. The consistent thread that seems to weave through us all is that we’re all committed to our mission, and we all have each other’s backs when it comes to helping one another achieve our goals. We’re curious and compassionate people who work hard to make the world a little bit better for someone each and every day.
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: VP of Operations
Job Summary: Responsible for the daily operation of the Boise warehouse including the receipt and distribution of food and non-food product, scheduling in and outbound trucks, and ensuring equitable distribution of resources to other Idaho Foodbank warehouses. The Distribution Manager oversees logistics and workforce management of the Boise operations team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- College Degree preferred and 5 years warehouse and logistics experience
- Excellent management, organizational, communication and process development skills
- Experience in food industry (preferred) and warehouse/inventory management best practices
- Significant Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software and inventory control technology experience required
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and demands, and mentor a diverse staff
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and evaluation
- Positive attitude and challenge oriented while working under pressure
- Experience with truck scheduling and workforce prioritization
- Proficient in Microsoft office products
- Flexibility to adapt and change with short notice
- Have a valid driver’s license
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise warehouse operations for The Idaho Foodbank’s Boise facility including staff and volunteers
- Provide leadership and training, assuring that work is completed accurately and safely while minimizing costs
- Mentor and provide employee cross training and development opportunities while establishing an employee career development plan
- Maintain overall compliance with all applicable Federal, State, County, Local and industry standards including Feeding America and food safety standards for the receiving, handling, storage and distribution of donated and purchased food products and packaging materials. Lead team members to build a strong, consistent culture of food safety. Work closely with the Food Safety and Compliance Coordinator to support the food safety management system.
- Maintain compliance with all OSHA standards for occupational safety including ensuring the completion of safety inspections, employee training and necessary documentation.
- Ensure training objectives for staff are met and competency assessed as needed.
- Serve as designated alternate for Food Safety Program Contact for the warehouse.
- Responsible for supervising all planning logistics and warehousing for Boise warehouse
- Coordinate equitable distribution of food and resources between branches, as well as agency network through southwest Idaho
- Assure the daily accuracy, timeliness and processing of agency orders
- Ensure the timely pickup and distribution of all food donations
- Develop and execute processes, procedures and budgets that align with statewide distribution goals for the Boise warehouse
- Must be a model of a safe workplace and lead team members to build a strong safety culture through expectations, support and compliance among staff and volunteers.
- Maintain accurate records to track maintenance of equipment and vehicles
- Assure that all equipment and vehicles are kept clean and well maintained
- Train users on effective and safe use of warehouse equipment
- Ensure all daily/weekly/monthly logs are current and accurate as required by Feeding America, AIB and/or internal policies at all times
- Responsible for maintaining the facility and warehouse in compliance with all pertinent health, safety and accrediting standards
This work is performed in a combination of office and warehouse environments. May involve periodic lifting and carrying of items that may weigh up to 50 pounds. May work outside normal working hours and drive own vehicle for various projects on a daily basis.
- Commit to upholding policies, principles and best practices for food safety.
- Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies and health rules, programs and procedures, to report all unsafe acts, environment or behaviors immediately and to always report safety issues, incidents or accidents immediately.
- Negative Drug Screen
- Successful Background Clearance
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
THE IDAHO FOODBANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER