Job Title: Utility Driver II (Class A or B CDL) – Day Shift/Home Nightly
Pay: Competitive Salary & Bonus Opportunities
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: SW Idaho Distribution Manager
Location: Meridian, ID
Safe and efficient transportation of food, product, and supplies in all types of weather conditions including, but not limited to, fog, rain, sleet, and ice. Develop and maintain donor relationships with excellent customer service skills. Assist warehouse operations and distribution activities.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Safe pick-up and delivery of local and extended orders &/or donations using tractor trailer, as needed.
- Assist with training in best practice methods for vehicle and equipment safety.
- Maintain all current licenses, certificates, and medical cards in accordance with State and Federal mandated requirements.
- Back-Up/Flex Driver for timely execution of product pick-up and delivery from program partners and agencies.
- Complete and perform accurate follow-through on documentation for shipping, receiving, unloading, and warehousing of product.
- Perform cleaning & light maintenance on all vehicles and equipment. Maintain accurate records of vehicle operations and maintenance on a daily basis.
- Prepare truck/route for next day’s business including refueling, maintenance checks, cleaning refer box, and equipment. Weekly cleaning and disinfecting of vehicles and equipment.
- Conduct pre and post trip inspection and complete vehicle inspection report.
- Work with other team members in a cooperative and supportive way. Provide assistance and fill-in coverage for other positions including, but not limited to, warehouse order picking, distribution dock loading and unloading, and assisting with agency pickups.
- Assist in maintaining an orderly and sanitary warehouse in accordance with AIB standards.
- Load and offload company vehicles, as required, exercising safe lifting practices.
- Maintain rapport with donors and their employees to foster continued support and a professional working relationship.
- Inspect product donations to ensure that safety and sanitation standards are met.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Requires High School Diploma
- Demonstrated ability to safely drive and operate a semi-truck/trailer.
- Must be a defensive driver with a current DMV printout with no moving violations.
- Class A or Class B CDL driver’s license with minimum of 1 year related experience.
- Become ServSafe certified; commit to adhering to principles and practices of food safety
- Professional truck driving and inside delivery experience, preferably in a food-related environment
- Ability to drive a box truck, automatic and standard vehicles, operate standard warehouse equipment and demonstrated ability in maintenance and basic repair of delivery equipment.
- Ability to safely operate all types of warehouse equipment, including, but not limited to, pallet jacks, forklifts, and dock levelers.
- Must have ability and willingness to become forklift certified.
- Strong commitment to safe work practices, particularly road/vehicle safety
- Professional appearance required
- Ability to safely lift items weighing 50 pounds occasionally, and up to 20-40 pounds frequently using safe lifting techniques and proper equipment.
- Up to 2/3 of the time: walk, sit, squat, bend, twist, and reach at various heights above and below shoulder level.
- Up to 1/3 of the time: push or pull; lift large, heavy, awkward objects while maneuvering in a confined space.
- Ability to work inside freezers and coolers with a temperature of -10 to 38° F with proper equipment and work wear provided.
- Strong commitment to quality record keeping, customer service, and operational efficiency without shortcutting processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well with other staff and to relate to donors and agency representatives. Speak to customers with poise, voice control, and confidence imparting information in a clear and understanding manner.
- Ability to work steadily and independently with minimum supervision and to follow standardized procedures. Strong problem solving capability and ability to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to be flexible with working times each week.
- Familiar with SW Idaho
- Commit to upholding policies, principles and best practices for food safety.
- Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies and health rules, programs and procedures, to report all unsafe acts, environment or behaviors immediately and to always report safety issues, incidents or accidents immediately.
- Negative Drug Screen
- Successful Background Clearance
Individual will drive in enclosed truck on a daily basis. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds when loading/unloading trucks and assisting in the warehouse. Ability to function in extreme temperature environments while working both inside and outside. May have to get into cramped positions to reach work spaces, such as the back of a truck.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
THE IDAHO FOODBANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER