Position Title: Warehouse Specialist
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: SW Idaho Distribution Manager
Location: Boise, ID
The Warehouse Specialist is responsible for performing a variety of manual tasks associated with the acquisition, storage, and distribution of food and other donated products including pulling orders, unloading deliveries, repacking food products, operating warehouse equipment, and general maintenance and cleanup.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure warehouse areas are clean and sanitary, conduct cleaning activities according to schedule and ensure cleaning records are accurate, complete and current.
- Ensure all required documentation necessary for compliance to occupational safety, food safety standards and regulatory requirements is complete, accurate and current.
- Warehouse receiving, sorting, storage, and distribution assuring proper handling of supporting documentation in compliance with internal control procedures.
- Assist in opening and or closing the warehouse as needed.
- Complete and maintain all required documentation (Example: section cleaning checklist) and other documentation as assigned.
- Maintain good working knowledge of warehouse inventory.
- Assist in daily operation of warehouse and other related activities, as required or assigned by Warehouse Coordinator or Boise Operations Manager.
- Assist in facilitating monthly inventory, counting, and reconciliation.
- Must have keen time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Ensure correct inventory procedures are followed with all products including refrigerated, frozen, dry, and CNS products.
- Assist with growth of distribution of product through the mobile pantry program and general distribution to agencies.
- Provide daily records of any destroyed or adjusted products to the Operations Support Specialist.
- May make occasional pick-ups or deliveries to support warehouse operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
You may be assigned one of the following as a responsibility in addition to the Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Volunteer Spec., Order Puller, Dist. Support, Food Rescue as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School Diploma/GED
- Be a strong independent worker, self-starter, and able work with minimum supervision.
- Effective communication and training skills while working with diverse groups as part of a team.
- Good interpersonal skills and capable of giving kind and appropriate directions to volunteers. Ability to positively interact with internal and external customers.
- Good math, legible writing skills, and ability to keep accurate records.
- Must be a defensive driver with a Class D driver’s license, current DMV printout with no moving violations, and a forklift certification including but not limited to pick-up and delivery.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office procedures
- Ability to drive automatic and standard vehicles, operate standard warehouse equipment and demonstrated ability in maintenance and basic repair of delivery equipment. Ability to safely operate all types of warehouse equipment, including, but not limited to, pallet jacks, forklifts, pickers and dock levelers.
- Become Serv-Safe (Foodbank) certified; commit to adhering to safe food handling and storage guidelines and practices.
- Must be familiar with the use of the safety equipment and guidelines required for each piece of equipment used at the Foodbank to perform the function of your job.
- Individual will be subjected to frequent standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, and crouching. Must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds with assistance or equipment.
- Knowledge and prior application of safe work practices and an attitude of safety awareness.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with excellent organizational skills. Strong problem solving capability and ability to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to function in extreme temperature environments both hot (Warehouse/Trucks) and cold (Freezer – 5 degrees / Cooler)
- Assist with loading and unloading of vehicles, warehouse maintenance, and cleaning of vehicles.
- Ability to work diverse schedules. Some weekend work required. Schedule mostly 8-5:30 daily, with occasional early starts of 5:00am or closing at 8:30 pm
- Commit to upholding policies, principles and best practices for food safety.
- Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies and health rules, programs and procedures, to report all unsafe acts, environment or behaviors immediately and to always report safety issues, incidents or accidents immediately.
- Negative Drug Screen
- Successful Background Clearance
This work is performed in a warehouse environment with frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds and occasional lifting over 50 pounds. Functioning in extreme temperatures between -10 to 38°F is required. Frequent bending, lifting, twisting, walking, sitting and reaching at various heights above and below shoulder level within confined spaces. May work outside normal working hours and drive own vehicle for various projects on a daily basis.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
THE IDAHO FOODBANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.