Job Title: Warehouse Specialist/Driver I
Classification: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: North Central Idaho Branch Manager
Location: Lewiston, Idaho
Job Summary: Position is responsible for safe and efficient daily warehouse operations, delivery of food to clients, and pick up of donations from donors in the service area. Develop and maintain donor and partner relationships with excellent customer service skills.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Warehouse receiving, order picking and distribution. Assure proper handling of supporting documentation in compliance with internal control procedures.
- Assist in opening and closing warehouse daily using best practice methods.
- Maintain good working knowledge of warehouse inventory.
- Assist in facilitating monthly inventory, counting, and reconciliation.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness and order in the warehouse and facility grounds.
- Must have keen time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Ensure a FEFO system is used for all inventory.
- Route driver for timely execution of product pick-up and delivery from program partners, and donors.
- Complete and perform accurate follow-through on documentation for shipping, receiving, unloading, and warehousing of product, as defined by company policies and procedures.
- Perform cleaning & light maintenance on all vehicles and equipment and report problems to Branch Manager. Maintain accurate records of vehicle operations and maintenance on a daily basis.
- Prepare truck/route for next day’s business. This includes: refueling, maintenance checks, cleaning box truck inside and out. Inside cab must be clean, free of trash, and contain all proper safety equipment and insurance paperwork.
- Work with other team members in a cooperative and supportive way. Providing assistance and fill-in coverage for other positions.
- Load and offload company vehicles as required. Exercise safe lifting practices.
- Maintain rapport with donors and partners and their employees to foster continued support and a professional working relationship.
- Assist with volunteer activities as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Branch Manager to satisfactorily complete agency goals and objectives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Requires High School Diploma or GED
- Must be a defensive driver with a Class D driver’s license, and provide current DMV printout with no moving violations.
- Become Serv-Safe certified; commit to upholding policies, principles and best practices for Food Safety.
- Assist in verifying food safety standards are met for products and packaging materials through visual inspection, product handling and temperature monitoring when applicable.
- Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies, health rules, programs and procedures.
- Understand the personal responsibility to report all unsafe acts, environments, behaviors, accidents and incidents immediately.
- Box truck driving experience, preferably in a food-related environment.
- Ability to drive automatic and standard vehicles, operate standard warehouse equipment and demonstrated ability in maintenance of standard warehouse equipment.
- Strong commitment to safe work practices, particularly road/vehicle safety
- Clean appearance required
- Ability to safely lift items up to 50 pounds frequently using safe lifting techniques
- Up to 2/3 of the time: walk, sit, squat, bend, twist, and reach at various heights above and below shoulder level
- Up to 1/3 of the time: push or pull; lift large, heavy, awkward objects while maneuvering in a confined space
- Work inside freezers and coolers with a temperature of -10 to 38°F. PPE provided.
- Strong commitment to quality record keeping, customer service, and operational efficiency without shortcutting processes
- Familiarity with Microsoft office products and inventory software systems
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work well with other staff and to relate to donors and agency representatives.
- Ability to work steadily and independently with minimum supervision and to follow standardized procedures. Strong problem solving capability and ability to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to work diverse schedule
- Familiar with NC Idaho
- Commit to upholding policies, principles and best practices for food safety.
- Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies and health rules, programs and procedures, to report all unsafe acts, environment or behaviors immediately and to always report safety issues, incidents or accidents immediately.
- Negative Drug Screen
- Successful Background Clearance
This work is performed primarily in an office environment while sitting at a computer terminal for extended periods of time. May involve periodic lifting and carrying of items that may weigh up to 50 pounds. May work outside normal working hours and drive own vehicle for various projects on a daily basis.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS ARE REQUIRED
To be considered for this position and can be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 208-342-7807. To obtain an application, visit our website at www.idahofoodbank.org. Click on the tab titled “Contact” to view information on career opportunities. Cover letter and resume are required with each application.
THE IDAHO FOODBANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER