Warehouse Specialist/Driver I
(Full-time, day shift, located in Lewiston, Idaho)
The Warehouse Specialist/Driver I is critical in our vision to create a hunger-free Idaho. The selected candidate will be responsible for safe and efficient daily warehouse operations, delivery of food to clients, and pick up of donations from donors in the service area. NO CDL Required.
What you will do:
- Route driver for timely execution of product pick-up and delivery from program partners, and donors.
- Assist in daily operation of warehouse
- Warehouse picking from elevated locations (more than 10 feet high), receiving, sorting, storage, transfer and distribution assuring proper handling of supporting documentation is in compliance with internal controls. Picking will take place in the freezer, cooler and in the dry warehouse.
- Receive incoming loads and prepare outgoing loads.
- Assist in facilitating quarterly inventory, counting, and reconciliation
- Assist with distribution of product to partner agencies from our distribution dock.
- Play an active role in warehouse safety.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Must be a defensive driver with a Class D driver’s license, with an excellent driving record.
- 1 or more years work experience preferred.
- Must have time management skills and the ability to perform a variety of tasks.
- Be able work with minimum supervision once trained.
- Ability to operate standard warehouse equipment. Ability to safely operate all types of warehouse equipment, including, but not limited to, pallet jacks, forklifts, pickers and dock levelers. Will train the right person on all warehouse equipment.
- Box truck driving experience preferred.
- Effective communication/training skills while working with diverse groups as part of a team.
- Ability to positively interact with internal and external customers and volunteers.
- Good basic math, legible writing skills, and ability to keep accurate records.
- Knowledge and prior application of safe work practices and an attitude of safety awareness.
- Ability to work diverse schedule on occasion.
This work is performed in a warehouse environment with frequent, repetitive lifting of up to 50 pounds and occasional lifting over 50 pounds. Functioning in extreme temperatures between -10 to 38°F is required. Frequently bending, lifting, twisting, walking, sitting and reaching at various heights above and below shoulder level within confined spaces. May work outside normal working hours and drive own vehicle for various projects on a daily basis.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employee assigned to this job. All team members must comply with Company policies and applicable laws.
THE IDAHO FOODBANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER