Job Position: Warehouse Specialist/Driver I
Location: Lewiston, ID
Full-time, day shift, located in Lewiston, Idaho
The Warehouse Specialist/Driver I is critical in our vision to create a hunger-free Idaho. The selected candidate will be responsible for safe and efficient daily warehouse operations, delivery of food to clients, and pick up of donations from donors in the service area. NO CDL Required.
What you will do:
- Assist in daily operation of warehouse
- Warehouse picking from elevated locations (more than 10 feet high), receiving, sorting, storage, transfer and distribution assuring proper handling of supporting documentation is in compliance with internal controls. Picking will take place in the freezer, cooler and in the dry warehouse.
- Receive incoming loads and prepare outgoing loads.
- May make occasional pick-ups or deliveries.
- Assist in facilitating quarterly inventory, counting, and reconciliation
- Assist with distribution of product to partner agencies from our distribution dock.
- Play an active role in warehouse safety
- Other duties as assigned.
What you will need:
- Must be a defensive driver with a Class D driver’s license, with an excellent driving record.
- 1 or more years work experience preferred.
- Must have time management skills and the ability to perform a variety of tasks.
- Be able work with minimum supervision once trained.
- Effective communication/training skills while working with diverse groups as part of a team.
- Ability to positively interact with internal and external customers and volunteers.
- Good basic math, legible writing skills, and ability to keep accurate records.
- Must have drivers license. Ability to operate standard warehouse equipment. Ability to safely operate all types of warehouse equipment, including, but not limited to, pallet jacks, forklifts, pickers, dock levelers and up to 10-pallet truck. Will train the right person on all warehouse equipment.
- Knowledge and prior application of safe work practices and an attitude of safety awareness.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with excellent organizational skills. Strong problem solving capability and ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Ability to work diverse schedule on occasion.
- Ability to frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, and crouch; regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds with assistance or equipment; with or without a reasonable accommodation.
This work is performed in a warehouse environment with frequent, repetitive lifting of up to 50 pounds and occasional lifting over 50 pounds. Functioning in extreme temperatures between -10 to 38F is required. Frequently bending, lifting, twisting, walking, sitting and reaching at various heights above and below shoulder level within confined spaces. May work outside normal working hours.
- Commit to upholding policies, principles and best practices for food safety.
- Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies and health rules, programs and procedures, to report all unsafe acts, environment or behaviors immediately and to always report safety issues, incidents or accidents immediately.
- Negative Drug Screen
- Successful Background Clearance
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employee assigned to this job.All team members must comply with Company policies and applicable laws.
THE IDAHO FOODBANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER