Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor (Operations Support Supervisor)
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: North Central Idaho Branch Manager
Location: Lewiston, ID
Responsible for North Central Idaho branch inventory control, donor data processing utilizing CERES (Microsoft NAV), and develop and maintain agency and donor relationships with excellent customer service skills. Responsible for volunteer program coordination. Primary first line supervisor of warehouse staff and drivers in day-to-day operations. Manage truck and assist Warehouse Specialist/Driver I and nutrition services programs in day-to-day operations. Manage truck delivery and receiving schedules.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure warehouse areas are clean and sanitary, conduct cleaning activities according to schedule and ensure cleaning records are accurate, complete and current.
- Ensure all required documentation necessary for compliance to occupational safety, food safety standards and regulatory requirements is complete, accurate and current.
- Responsible for proficiency in inventory control and management utilizing inventory management software which includes day-to-day order processing, timely cycle counts, correction of discrepancies and successful quarterly inventory reviews.
- Responsible for scheduling trucks for the warehouse and works closely with the Branch Manager for local donations, food drives or other necessary truck logistics and coordination.
- Responsible for scheduling volunteer groups for the volunteer projects and works closely with the Branch Manager to manage inventory for volunteer activities.
- Complete and perform accurate follow-through on documentation for shipping, receiving, unloading, and warehousing of product, as defined by IFB policies and procedures.
- Perform cleaning & light maintenance on equipment and/or warehouse and report problems to the Branch Manager.
- Load and offload company vehicles and partner agency orders as required. Exercise safe lifting practices. Involves lifting and carrying of items that may weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Maintain rapport with donors and their employees to foster continued support and a professional working relationship.
- Inspect product donations to ensure that safety and sanitation standards are met.
- Work with other team members in a cooperative and supportive way. Providing assistance and fill-in coverage for other positions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Branch Manager to satisfactorily complete agency goals and objectives.
- Train, schedule, and supervise volunteers.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Requires High School Diploma (college degree preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- Volunteer scheduling experience
- At least 1 year warehouse experience
- Must have experience in data collection and analysis, strong problem solving capability and ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Become ServSafe certified; commit to adhering to principles and practices of food safety.
- Operate standard warehouse equipment and demonstrated ability in warehouse operations.
- Strong commitment to quality record keeping, customer service, and operational efficiency.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with other staff and to relate to donors and agency representatives. Ability to work steadily and independently with minimum supervision and to follow standardized procedures.
- Ability to work diverse schedule.
- Ability to lead community volunteer workgroup projects creating a fun and safe environment.
This work is performed in a warehouse environment with frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds and occasional lifting over 50 pounds. Functioning in extreme temperatures between -10 to 38°F is required. Frequently bending, lifting, twisting, walking, sitting and reaching at various heights above and below shoulder level within confined spaces. May work outside normal working hours and drive own vehicle for various projects on a daily basis.
- Commit to upholding policies, principles and best practices for food safety.
- Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies and health rules, programs and procedures, to report all unsafe acts, environment or behaviors immediately and to always report safety issues, incidents or accidents immediately.
- Negative Drug Screen
- Successful Background Clearance
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
THE IDAHO FOODBANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER