Thank you for your interest in coordinating a food drive! The following guidelines can answer the most commonly asked questions about holding a food drive:
- We will make every effort to list your food drive on our website. Please give us 48-72 hours to review and post the listing.
- We may be able to promote it on Facebook and other social media depending on how many drives we have going on at the time, and if there is an associated event. To help put on and promote your drive, download and follow the guidelines in our Food and Fund Drive Kit.
- Collection Barrels are available for free to anyone interested in holding a food drive. Your help in picking up the barrel from our warehouse is appreciated but if pickup is not possible, delivery of barrels can be arranged. Barrels are constructed of heavy-duty cardboard and fold flat, so they are easy to transport by car. During the holiday season, we occasionally run short of barrels, so please be patient.
- The Idaho Foodbank can pick up full barrels at the end of your drive. Please give us a minimum of two days’ notice when scheduling your pickup. Pickups are scheduled Tuesday thru Friday.
- If you are able to deliver the food to any of our branch warehouses, we will help you unload and give you a total weight right away. Deliveries can be made any time Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am and 5pm.
Forms and Guides
If you have any questions, call us:
- Boise: 208-577-2750
- Lewiston: 208–746-2288
- Pocatello: 208-233-8811