Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor (Operations Support Supervisor)
Classification: Full-Time, Exempt
Reports to: North Central Idaho Branch Manager
Location: Lewiston, ID
Do you want to make a difference in your community? Are you looking for a great environment working with others who are committed to helping their neighbors? If so, then we have the job for you!
The Operations Support Supervisor is responsible for the North Central Idaho branch warehouse, distribution activities and is the primary, first line supervisor of warehouse staff and delivery drivers in day-to-day operations. This includes management of equipment and facilities maintenance scheduling, AIB and food safety compliance, and logging of work orders into our Maintenance Care (CMMS System). This position requires a strong emphasis on customer service throughout daily interactions with staff, our partner agency network, volunteers and the community.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes efficient and effective use of the CERES (ERP System) throughout the North Central Idaho branch.
- Responsible for proficiency in inventory control and management utilizing inventory management software which includes day-to-day order processing, timely cycle counts, correction of discrepancies and successful quarterly inventory reviews.
- Responsible for scheduling trucks for the warehouse and works closely with the Branch Manager for local donations, food drives or other necessary truck logistics and coordination.
- Responsible for coordinating volunteer projects to include training, scheduling and supervision of groups, and working closely with the Volunteer Specialist and Branch Manager to manage inventory for volunteer activities.
- Adhere to and assist in creation of branch budgets with the direction and guidance of the Branch Manager.
- Champion safe work practices and promptly document any safety incidents or accidents in accordance with company policy.
- Load and offload company vehicles and partner agency orders as required. Exercise safe lifting practices. Involves lifting and carrying of items that may weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Maintain rapport with donors, partner agencies and their employees to foster continued support and a professional working relationship.
- Inspect product donations to ensure that safety and sanitation standards are met.
- Work with other team members in a cooperative and supportive way. Providing assistance and fill-in coverage for other positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Requires High School Diploma (college degree preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products
- At least 1 year of warehouse supervisory/leadership experience
- Must have experience in data collection and analysis, strong problem solving capability and ability to follow detailed instructions.
- Become ServSafe certified; commit to adhering to principles and practices of food safety.
- Safely operate standard warehouse equipment and demonstrated ability in warehouse operations.
- Strong commitment to quality record keeping, customer service, and operational efficiency.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with other staff and to relate to donors and agency representatives. Ability to work steadily and independently with minimum supervision and to follow standardized procedures.
- Ability to work diverse schedule to meet the needs of the branch and the community.
- Ability to lead community volunteer workgroup projects creating a fun and safe environment.
This work is performed in a warehouse environment with frequent lifting of up to 50 pounds and occasional lifting over 50 pounds. Functioning in extreme temperatures between -10 to 38°F is required (freezer and cooler storage). Frequently bending, lifting, twisting, walking, sitting and reaching at various heights above and below shoulder level within confined spaces. May occasionally work outside normal working hours and drive company vehicles/box trucks for various projects on a daily basis.
- Commit to upholding policies, principles and best practices for food safety.
- Understand the personal responsibility to follow all safety policies and health rules, programs and procedures, to report all unsafe acts, environment or behaviors immediately and to always report safety issues, incidents or accidents immediately.
- Negative Drug Screen
- Successful Background Clearance
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by any person authorized to give assignments.
This position description excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
THE IDAHO FOODBANK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER